Thursday, February 4, 2010

Egoist

I would say that by nature I am a proud man, in that I am often too proud to lie.

It is very difficult for me to say something I do not mean. False praise for example.

It is disgusting to praise someone and then demand they do the same to you. Disgusting, and pathetic.

Yes I am a proud person in this regard. My opinions of people, my respect for people. I will respect those I want to respect, and praise those I want to praise. And if you or anyone tries making me write or say what my heart and mind do not mean then God forgive me for what I shall say or do to you.

Pride is a great sin, but in this regard I would say it is a sin only in the face of sin. For the humble would never ask to be lauded in attention. Perhaps there might be a fall I am not aware of for this notion, but if there is it is one I would gladly learn from.

You, and sometimes the censor inside me can control my actions, disguise my words or restrict my impulses.

But my opinions shall forever remain mine and mine alone. Beyond all mortal power. For only God may change the hearts of man. And you, my friend, are most definitely not He.

No comments: