Friday, January 18, 2008

Escape

(or, Life of a Gamer)

I remember when I first set foot
into a world beyond our own,
of Dragons, Creatures and Magic loot;
such wonders I was shown.

Tired and weary of "real life"
I drunk straight from the screen.
In battles and war, in times of strife;
at last i found my dream:

First Blood, First Blooded;
Oh the pain!
Their shouts their cries
still fill my brain.

We rose together in our highs,
sunk in times of low;
oh how the hours do fly by,
wash away your woes.

Mouse and keyboard be my swords,
the monitor be my shield;
Together we drove away the hordes
of depression and weak will.

I remember a time of endless joy,
of a virtual road all paved
with yellow bricks to the land of Oz;
not to a glass conclave

Filled with pictures of ages past,
Filled with silence; -- nobody
comes here now to sing and laugh
about old times of glory.

No comments: